Three Steps to Obtaining a Nutritionist Certification in Canada
Once you’ve decided that you want to pursue becoming a holistic nutritionist, obtaining your certification is an important step on your career journey. If you are unsure of how to go about achieving this, here are three different ways.
Becoming a Nutritionist
- Certification and Diploma
- Enroll in a Holistic Nutrition School – When you enroll in a holistic nutritionist school, you will be taught all the important and valuable information you need to fulfill your future role.
- Earning a Nutrition Diploma – There are a variety of courses available but researching and understanding the program content and learning outcomes will ensure you choose the correct program for your success.
- Getting Certified – There are various titles used in this field, some are valid some are not. Make sure your diploma qualifies you for membership, malpractice insurance and the use of a recognized designation from the nutrition associations in Canada and the USA.
- Advanced Education – The field of nutrition changes frequently. For this reason, it’s important to always remain knowledgeable of the latest developments. Enrolling in a graduate program can help you with this, as well as provide you with more information in the field overall.
Ensuring that you prepare for your chosen career path with the right education and tools necessary to succeed as a nutritionist is key. At the Edison Institute of Nutrition, we offer a variety of online courses to help you succeed.
The Edison Institute of Nutrition is internationally recognized for its nutrition programs and provides online courses worldwide, designed to meet a variety of nutrition-related guidelines.
For details about our programs and to learn how to obtain a Diploma in Holistic Nutrition, call the Edison Institute of Nutrition today at 1-888-524-7605 or contact us to speak with one of our educational advisors.