Holistic Nutrition and Wellness Trends for 2018
Trends come and go in fashion, home design, and even health and wellness.
For 2018, some new holistic health trends are emerging, and even some old ones returning. If you like to stay up with the trends or you are looking for something new to experience in 2018, consider the trends anticipated for the New Year.
What are the Holistic Nutrition and Health Trends for this Year?
From managing your weight to getting more energy and even combatting stress, check out the trends expected for 2018 and see which ones you might want to try.
- Moringa: Have you been on the turmeric kick? Then you are going to love the moringa trend. Moringa offers anti-inflammatory properties and still has a sweet taste that you can tolerate in most foods.
- Skincare Products that Beat UV Rays, Pollutants, and Tech: Your skin is regularly exposed to blue lights from electronics, UV rays, and pollutants. Therefore, skincare products are going to combat the effects of these by using lipids, ceramides, live bacteria, and adaptogens.
- Digital Detoxification: Scheduling time every day to spend away from all sources of technology, including smartphones, televisions, and more. It may reduce stress, help you regenerate your focus, and sleep better at night.
- More Nootropics: Nootropics are part of biohacking that helps you unlock your energy, inner focus, and even reduce stress levels. Scientists are hoping to open more effective nootropics for 2018, including brain-boosting formulas, stress-reduction therapies, and happiness hormone boosters.
- Nut Milk Yogurts: Non-dairy products, especially nut milk, have been growing in popularity. For 2018, more nut milk yogurts, such as almond and cashew, will hit the shelves. Several companies have been working on improving the tastes of these non-dairy yogurts so that they are equally tasty and healthy. If nut milk is not for you, you might also notice an increase in coconut milk yogurts.
- More Kombucha: Kombucha is going to be a significant trend for 2018. While 2017 saw an increase in kombucha products, 2018 will have more fermented, fizzy drink products on the shelves with fun flavours, like chicory and vanilla.
- Stress Pebbles: A stress pebble is oval-shaped, smooth, and used for relaxation. When you rub a stress pebble, it is supposed to distract you from negative energies and help relax you.
- Standing More: Standing desks increased in 2017, and 2018 will see even more standing trends. Prolonged periods of sitting are bad for your health; therefore, expect to see more “standing” opportunities at work, in waiting rooms, and even at home.
- Better Gut Health: 2018 will see expanded awareness about probiotics and beneficial bacteria for improved gut health. You may see more products with gut-boosting fungi and products ready to boost your gut environment so that it invites healthy microbes.
- Collagen: Collagen might be the latest addition to holistic health, because it is a clean protein powder that can be added to a smoothie to improve everything from your skin’s appearance to your gut health.
Keep Up with Trends and Expand Your Holistic Nutrition Knowledge for 2018
Whether you want to implement the latest holistic health trends, or you simply want to take advantage of the numerous holistic health benefits, consider taking a course from the Edison Institute of Nutrition in 2018.
Our team not only follows the trends, but we teach time-tested nutrition to our students so that they can improve their health and wellness for years to come.